Sunday 31 May 2015

Traveling to get lost helped me find myself after tragedy

Boat_saint_lucia
Feed-twFeed-fb

I’d been in Saint Lucia less than 24 hours and already I felt antsy. It didn’t help that the resort was only 10 minutes from the airport, or that we were handed a rum punch the minute we walked into the hotel lobby. Thirty minutes after getting off the plane, I was sitting under a palm tree on a blue and white striped towel reading a book.

The resort was nice, the drinks were free. From my cushy lounge chair I could hear the waves, and see the ocean, vast and blue. Off in the distance, the land jutted out into the sea on either side of me. People were getting ready to get ready to line up at the buffet for dinner. Tacos and empanadas, I overheard somebody say. None of it helped. Read more...

More about Travel, Lifestyle, Family Parenting, Travel Leisure, and Heather Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment