Sunday 26 April 2015

Blogging your way to your dream job at a startup

Blogging
Feed-twFeed-fb

So you want to work at a startup. You know how to handle interviews and you know what startup skills you need. You know your strengths and can't wait to hustle.

Three years ago, I was in the same position. After working in the corporate world of fashion at Louis Vuitton and Aritzia, I was dying to work at a startup. I was particularly energized by Wantering, an up-and-coming fashion tech company, so I wrote a blog post on my personal fashion blog about why I thought Wantering was so game-changing.

To make a long story short, the founders were 'alerted' to my story via social media, the CEO and I ended up on a coffee date, and shortly after, I was the newest member of the Wantering marketing team. I have since been involved in a number of startup businesses, and I am currently working with Notey, a discovery platform that curates the world's best blogs. Read more...

More about Blog, Startup, Blogging, Interview, and Personal Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment